- Telecom Namibia ensures quality education by donating COVID-19 Relief items
- Telecom Namibia brings connectivity to remote areas
- Telecom Namibia to suspend overdue accounts on 19 July 2020
- Telecom Namibia sponsors COVID-19 WhatsApp number for the hearing impaired
- TN clarification on 5G roll out and perceived technology impact on Covid-19
- TELECOM NAMIBIA PART OF THE ROUND SQUARE CONFERENCE
- TN celebrates 30 years of Independence with Affordable Unlimited High-Speed Broadband Internet
Windhoek, 8 October 2020 – Telecom Namibia handed over Covid-19 mitigating items worth N$100,000 to the Minister of Education, Arts and Culture on Tuesday, 7 October 2020.
Windhoek, 28 July 2020 – Telecom Namibia upgraded its Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) hub to ensure faster and reliable IP-based connectivity for users in remote areas. Successful pilot installations of TN’s modern VSAT hub, aptly dubbed Satlink has yielded satisfactory results.
The extended due date for account payments is Friday, 17 July 2020. Payments are to be received by latest 12h00 on Friday to avoid suspension. Reconnection orders on suspended accounts may take up to 48 working hours.