- Telecom Namibia to suspend overdue accounts on 19 July 2020
- Telecom Namibia sponsors COVID-19 WhatsApp number for the hearing impaired
- TN clarification on 5G roll out and perceived technology impact on Covid-19
- TELECOM NAMIBIA PART OF THE ROUND SQUARE CONFERENCE
- TN celebrates 30 years of Independence with Affordable Unlimited High-Speed Broadband Internet
- PUBLIC NOTICE: Submarine cable connection interrupted.
- Namibia’s NAVTEX Station Inaugurated
The extended due date for account payments is Friday, 17 July 2020. Payments are to be received by latest 12h00 on Friday to avoid suspension. Reconnection orders on suspended accounts may take up to 48 working hours.
Windhoek, 29 May 2020 – People with hearing impairment, who are unable to dial in on the toll-free COVID number will henceforth be served via WhatsApp on 0851 100 100.
Windhoek, 13 April 2020 – The rise in COVID-19 related deaths and confirmed cases globally continue to send customers in search of possible causes for the appearance of the virus. One theory that has been circulating on social media is the link to 5G technology.