If you are interested in a challenging career and share our vision of adding value to our company’s excellence in service delivery to our clients, an exciting opportunity exists for the filling of the following position in Windhoek.
POSITION: 1ST Level Support NOC Technician X 4
REPORTING TO: SHIFT SUPERVISOR
DIVISION: NOC -TECHNICAL OPERATIONS AND PROJECTS (TO&P
CLOSING DATE: 30 July 2020
The position is responsible for monitoring and communicating the necessary ticket-information during the lifecycle. Furthermore the 1st Level Support NOC Technician is responsible for monitoring service, system and network performance to identify, create, track and close events, incidents and problems tickets. Additional tasks include create, monitor, track and manage tickets as well as escalation management and the monitoring of performance of corporate and wholesale customer services.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS WOULD INCLUDE:
- Monitor service, system and network performance to identify events, incidents and problems
- Record event, incident, problem information in the trouble ticket system
- Create, track, monitor, communicate, coordinate and close event, incidents and problem tickets
- Create, track, monitor, communicate, broadcast, coordinate and close change request and access management tickets
- Monitor and manage SLA services and manage escalated tickets as per defined rules
- Coordinate changes, events, incidents and problem tickets with third party NOCs, CCC, corporate and wholesale.
- Coordinate and communicate work orders with Field Service
- Communicate the handling of events, incidents and problems with the customer
- Validation, categorization and correlation of events and incidents
- Handover of tickets to the following shift and ensure that all required information from previous shift is captured
- Adherence to all relevant company policies
KEY EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
(The required academic qualification has to be considered together with the work experience in the respective area required to perform the job competently.)
- National Technical Diploma plus a minimum of 1 year’s Telecommunication Information Technology experience. OR
- National Diploma in IT plus a minimum of 1 year’s Telecommunication Information Technology experience.
- A minimum Code BE Driver's Licence.
KEY KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Very good knowledge and experience in using a Trouble Ticket system, Sound knowledge of complaints handling, Sound knowledge of NOC standards / procedures / guidelines, Overview understanding of the service setup and underlying network building blocks, Computer literacy, Basic knowledge of TN standards. Knowledge of SLA Management.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED:
Very good ability to work under continuous pressure. Very good communication skills (spoken, written). Highly efficient way of working. Very good ability to de-escalate, even in difficult situations. Good ability to read and understand schematic diagrams. Good Analysis, evaluation and validation skills. Motivation for self-development. Highly customer oriented. Likes to listen to other people. Diplomatic attitude. Sees problems as a challenge. Team player.
NOTES TO APPLICANTS:
Applicants requiring further information about these jobs should direct their inquiries to the following NOC: Shift Supervisors:
Ms. Patricia Amoomo 061 201 2666 / 085 254 0620.
Ms. Monica Sheetekela 061 201 2666 / 085 391 9092.
Mr. Ilius Amunyela 061 201 2666 / 085 222 4843
and Mr. Franco Klukowski 061 201 2666 / 0851 240 919
Suitable qualified applicants from designated groups defined in the Affirmative Action Act (1998) are encouraged to apply.
A comprehensive application supported by a detailed CV with copies of educational qualifications should be addressed in confidence and hand delivered to: Ms. Wilika Frai, The Human Resources Business Partner, Corporate Human Resources P.O. Box 297, Windhoek.