- Telecom Namibia proudly sponsors Namibian Swimming Team
- Telecom Namibia empowers the girl child’s education by donating Care Packs at CJ Brandt High School in Windhoek
- Telecom Namibia Takes Action Against Cable Theft to Ensure Reliable Communication Services
- Telecom Namibia Bridges Digital Divide with Donation of Computers to Hardap Region
- Telecom Namibia and Huawei sign N$100 million Fixed-mobile convergence (FMC core) Agreement to Modernise its Core Network
- Telecom Namibia and Deputy Minister calls for tougher action to prevent copper theft sabotage
- Telecom Namibia and NAPWU Conclude 2022/2023 Wages and Salaries Negotiations
By Oiva Angula
9 March 2015
Telecom Namibia to host first WACS upgrade meeting
The West Africa Cable System (WACS) Consortium is meeting in Windhoek to discuss the upgrade of the system’s capacity in view of the enormous bandwidth update since commissioning in May 2013.
CDMA Switch and 3G-EvDO services stopped
Telecom Namibia will discontinue both the Switch voice and 3G-EvDO data services on its legacy CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) network. All CDMA sites will be shut down on 31 March 2015 as most customers havebe transitioned off CDMA and onto the TN Mobile’s faster HSPA+/4G LTE networks.The entire CDMA footprint is already covered with GSM which we began building in 2013.